Friday, December 30, 2011

3... 2... 1... Happy New Year!


As the ball is poised to drop at Times Square, it's about the time to bid adieu to yet another eventful year. It has been a roller-coaster ride (Thanks to all who made it so). 2011 holds a special place in my life. I did a lot of stuff that I never thought I could, I should or I would; loads of ups and downs, merriness and craziness, exploitation and exploration, pampering and hammering. And, after all this 'been there, done that' drama, here I am; all limbs intact – inexplicably, heart still pounding – sporadically, brain nerves still ticking – suspiciously. Thanks to the Holy Mother of all that is good and pure; I am still breathing. All in all, a helluva year, and as they say, "all's well that ends well"!

If there is ever to be a list of most haywire years of my life, 2011 would undoubtedly climb up to top the charts! It was filled with times of eccentricity, erraticness, emotions, euphoria, exuberance, extrospection, extrication, and etcetera. However, surviving the blows I mollycoddled myself with ecstatic moments. And I certainly believe that's all that matters in the end.

Thanks to Mother Nature and all those brainiacs who said, "365 days a year, that’s it. Shut it out!" Now it's time for a breather. Take a pit stop to refuel and rejuvenate. And step into a brand new, untainted, chaste year. I am glad to be on the verge of experiencing the warmth of 2012 sun under a clear blue sky. New Year Eve has always been an exciting moment for me, knowing that the New Year would bring me the most needed scope to screw it up big time!

You don't get to reborn – literally, but you always get a chance to relive. And that’s what the concept of New Year brings in; scope to make new mistakes and learn from them. Do what you haven't done before; face your fear, stand at the gun point, pee into the wind, blaze up the weed, huff the paint thinner, try and reach that dreaded extra mile, make some unrealistic resolution just to break them off at your will, love deeply, and kiss slowly.

All I am saying is make mistakes, but don’t be stupid enough not to learn from them. Die hard; take the mission deemed impossible; don’t be afraid of failures. And if the fear gets hold of you just ask yourself this question: Jyada se Jyada kya hoga!? And if you haven’t just died; picture abhi baaki hai mere dost!


Happy New Year! And remember; Prosperity is just a byproduct of an effort!
Go Nuts!

~Abbey
http://twitter.com/anupborkar (@anupborkar)

P.S.: Share your New Year resolutions if you will in the comments section.

5 comments:

  1. Awesum dear .. Wish you a very happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love deeply, and kiss slowly.............. Thanks to the Holy Mother ........ Awesome......

    Happy New Year to you too bro.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankee all ya pipul!

    @Tushar: Same to you, Brother. :)

    @Piyush on "Saala kal se daaru band": yeah, right. And pigs will fly!

    @Abhi: Never! Cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete